Jennifer Garner reveals she lost friend in California wildfires

Jennifer Garner has revealed that she lost a friend to the devastating wildfires that continue to rip across Southern California.

At the time of writing, the death toll is said to have risen to 25, with intensifying winds threatening further destruction in the coming days. The fires, which have terrorized Los Angeles over the past few days, have burned a combined area of 60 square miles, and the return of Santa Ana winds promises conditions that will only serve to fan the flames.

Needless to say, thousands have lost homes, livelihoods, belongings, pets, and hope. Others, tragically, have lost more than that.

Among them is actress Jennifer Garner, who revealed in an interview with MSNBC earlier this week that one of her friends had died in the fires.

The Elektra star is one of the many celebrities who have stepped up to help the relief effort, partnering with a renowned chef to give assistance to impacted communities.

“I did lose a friend who did not get out in time,” Garner, 52, said in an interview. “It’s just — my heart bleeds for my friends. I mean, I can think of 100 families, and there are 5,000 homes lost.”

She continued: “I feel almost guilty walking through my house. Just, you know, what can I do? How can I help? What can I offer? What do I have to offer with these hands and these walls and the safety that I have?”

Speaking on her loss, Garner finished: “I’m looking at the chimney of somebody that I loved. […] It’s awful — kind of unimaginable.”

As per reports, Garner has joined forces with Chef José Andrés and his organization, World Central Kitchen, to help those communities affected by the blazes.

“I took advantage of a little bit of celebrity privilege and called Chef and said, ‘Please, can I come with you?’” Garner explained.

As stated, the current death toll related to the wildfires stands at 25, though that number is sadly expected to rise. Strong winds are anticipated to hit the LA region later this week, with the National Weather Service warning of a “particularly dangerous situation”.

As of Monday morning, only 14 percent of the Palisades fire (which has torched over 23,000-acres) had been contained. The Eaton fire (responsible for burning more than 14,000 acres in Altadena and Pasadena) is 33 percent contained.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the ongoing California wildfires. Share this article on Facebook to show your support.

Related Posts

Donald Trump issues 6-word warning to kidnappers if Nancy Guthrie is found dead

The desperate search for 84‑year‑old Nancy Guthrie, mother of Today show co‑anchor Savannah Guthrie, has now stretched into its third week. Meanwhile, Donald Trump has joined the…

Here’s every A-list actor mentioned in the Epstein files

The fallout surrounding Jeffrey Epstein continues to ripple through Hollywood. For an industry no stranger to controversy, new revelations in the Epstein files add another chapter to…

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on his birthday in dramatic police raid

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, has been arrested, the BBC reports. He has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Police arrived at…

Whoopi Goldberg breaks silence over claims she dated Jeffrey Epstein

Hollywood star Whoopi Goldberg has been surrounded by shocking claims that she once dated late convicted sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein. Now, the 70-year-old has publicly broken her…

New poll reveals how Americans really feel about Melania Trump compared to other first ladies

Melania Trump’s tenure as First Ladynof the United States has, just as for her husband, Donald Trump, been a roller coaster. While she has made some appearances,…

Will the $2,000 Trump promised to most Americans arrive before summer?

Fresh buzz is swirling again about a potential $2,000 payout that Donald Trump says could land in Americans’ pockets in 2026. But is it real, or just…