Milan mayor’s brutal message after reports ICE agents will be sent to Winter Olympics

The mayor of Milan, Italy, has strongly criticized a plan to send ICE agents from the United States to help with security during the upcoming 2026 Winter Olympics.

ICE agents are expected to help ensure the security of the U.S. team and diplomats during the games, which run from February 6 to 22 in Milan and Cortina. However, Milan’s mayor, Giuseppe Sala, said he doesn’t want them in his city.

Per People Magazine, he called the agency “a militia that kills” and said they are not welcome in Milan. Sala said that ICE’s reputation — especially after recent controversial shootings in the U.S. — makes them a bad fit for Olympic security.

“This is a militia that kills, a militia that enters into the homes of people, signing their own permission slips,” Sala said. “It is clear they are not welcome in Milan, without a doubt.”

Milan mayor hits back amid reports of ICE during Winter Olympics
The Milan mayor added, “I believe [ICE agents] shouldn’t come to Italy because they don’t guarantee they conform to our democratic way of ensuring security.”

Italian officials also expressed concern about ICE agents working in Italy. Mayor Sala said they don’t align with Italy’s security policies and should not cross into Italy.

The U.S. Embassy in Rome and Italian authorities have tried to calm the controversy. They say ICE agents will only handle limited security tasks, such as supporting the safety of the U.S. delegation and monitoring international crime threats.

The agents will not enforce immigration laws in Italy, and all Olympic security will stay under Italian control.

Still, many people in Italy remain upset. The mayor’s comments highlight growing tensions between how the U.S. federal agency is viewed abroad and its role at a major international event like the Olympics.

Time will tell if the ICE agents will be on the scene as the 2026 Winter Olympics will begin in just a few days.

Share your thoughts on this in the comment section.

Related Posts

Rubio’s Sudden Power Shift

The news didn’t just break—it detonated. A routine vote, buried on page six of the calendar, turned into a seismic shift in who really pulls the levers…

BREAKING: Hollywood Actor Dead, Sudden Tragedy Shocks Fans

Hollywood and television fans were shocked after news broke that actor Chance Perdomo had died in a motorcycle accident at the age of 27. The British-American actor…

Angelina Jolie’s daughter Zahara takes shocking dig at dad Brad Pitt in savage graduation diss

Zahara Jolie-Pitt appears to be continuing a quiet but noticeable shift away from her father’s last name, just like most of her siblings. Over the weekend, the…

Inside Erika Kirk’s eye-watering fortune – how she kept millions hidden from public view

Erika Kirk’s life changed forever when her husband, Charlie Kirk, was shot to death last year. She was left on her own with the couple’s two children,…

Donald Trump’s $499 gold phone has finally launched – and it has a huge design flaw

Donald Trump’s long-delayed $499 gold-colored smartphone is finally here – but people quickly spotted a pretty awkward mistake on the device itself. The new phone, called the…

Silent Threat In Your Wall

Some dangers don’t hiss. They don’t roar. They wait. That little charger, still plugged in with nothing attached, looks harmless—just another forgotten object in the room. But…