Sources claim man killed in second ICE shooting in Minneapolis named has been identified

The man shot and killed by federal immigration agents in south Minneapolis on Saturday has been identified as Alex Jeffrey Pretti, a 37-year-old city resident, according to local reporting. His identification has intensified scrutiny of federal enforcement actions already under fierce debate.

Local sources familiar with the investigation confirmed Pretti’s name to Star Tribune as officials continue to reconstruct the events surrounding a controversial law-enforcement operation. Pretti lived in the Whittier neighborhood and was known locally as a registered nurse who graduated from the University of Minnesota. Authorities say he held an active nursing license and was a lawful gun owner with a valid permit to carry, with no indication of a serious criminal history.

The fatal shooting occurred on January 24, 2026, during an immigration enforcement action conducted by agents from the Department of Homeland Security. Officials state that Pretti was armed with a handgun and approached agents, leading to a confrontation that ended with an agent firing. DHS has characterized the shooting as an act of self-defense, though key details remain disputed.

Video shared online appears to show a physical struggle involving multiple agents and Pretti shortly before gunshots were heard. Minneapolis Police Department confirmed Pretti’s identity and said he was a U.S. citizen and longtime resident, further fueling questions about the scope and conduct of federal operations in city neighborhoods.

The killing has reignited public debate in Minneapolis over the presence and tactics of federal immigration agents. Community members and local leaders have called for greater transparency and independent review, while protests have continued, pressing for a clearer account of the sequence of events.

The incident follows closely on the death of Renee Good, whose killing by an ICE agent earlier this month remains under investigation. In that case, Kristi Noem publicly defended the agent, Jonathan Ross, calling the shooting self-defense and signaling openness to deploying additional federal agents to Minneapolis. Her remarks—asserting that Good followed and harassed agents and used her vehicle as a weapon—have been strongly contested by local officials and advocates.

As multiple investigations proceed, Minneapolis remains on edge. For many residents, the identification of Alex Pretti has transformed an abstract controversy into a deeply personal reckoning—one that hinges on transparency, accountability, and whether trust between communities and federal authorities can be restored.

Related Posts

Criminal expert suggests frightening twist in Guthrie Case

Nancy Guthrie Case: Experts Outline Disturbing Abduction Theory More than two weeks after Nancy Guthrie vanished from her Tucson-area home, investigators continue to pursue leads — while…

Former ESPN Host Says She Felt “Ill” Sitting Near JD Vance at Winter Olympics

Former ESPN broadcaster Sarah Spain recently shared a moment from the Winter Olympics that left her unexpectedly unsettled. Speaking on her podcast Good Game With Sarah Spain,…

Eye-opening approval ratings reveal what Americans truly think about Trump’s second term

Listen to Donald Trump or members of his administration for any length of time and it is easy to come away with the impression that their achievements…

Police share major update on Nancy Guthrie kidnapping suspect

84-year-old Nancy Guthrie has been missing since Janaury 31. The police have not yet shared any information about a possible suspect. But on Monday, police released a…

Jeffrey Epstein survivor breaks silence on horrific abuse

More than two decades after she became prey to Jeffrey Epstein, survivor Juliette Bryant says she was trapped by “invisible chains” – a fear so overwhelming that…

Barack Obama’s brutal reply to Trump after racist video depicting him and Michelle as apes

Donald Trump faced massive backlash after posting a video portraying Barack and Michelle Obama as apes. The video has since been removed, but the U.S. president has…